Omega-3 (Natural Fish Oil) 1200 mg 100 Softgels
Health Benefits of Omega-3 (Natural Fish Oil)
• Cardiovascular Support
• Activities of the immune and central nervous systems
• Regulating inflammation, blood pressure and thickness, hormone production
• Studies suggest that Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) may be linked to omega-3 deficiency.
• Researchers think omega-3 can help prevent breast, prostate and colon cancers.
• Has been shown to decrease elevated serum triglycerides.
• Deficiencies of omega-3 may also be linked to depression.
• Important for infants (and a developing fetus) for proper development of the brain and retina of the eyes.
• Deficiencies have also been found in people who have allergies, asthma, and skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
• Supports cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure, relaxing blood vessels and lowering cholesterol levels.
• May also reduce pain for sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis.
• May be helpful for symptoms of Crohn’s disease
• Purified to Eliminate Mercury
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered one of the “good” fats important for cellular, heart and metabolic health. Omega-3 Fish Oil contains eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which help support and maintain the health of your cardiovascular system. Fish Oil also helps maintain triglyceride levels already within a normal range. This product contains important fatty acids for the body and comes in a larger dosage size to ensure you are getting all of the benefits Fish Oil is famous for providing.
There are two types of fat, omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential for human health. The average American consumes far too many omega-6 fats in their diet while consuming very low levels of omega-3. The ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats is 1:1. Our ancestors evolved over millions of years on this ratio. Today, though, our ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 averages from 20:1 to 50:1!
By far, the best type of omega-3 fats are those found in fish. The omega-3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids are pivotal in preventing many diseases. The human brain also relies heavily on DHA - low DHA levels have been linked to depression, schizophrenia, memory loss, and a higher risk of developing Alzheimer's Disease. Researchers are now also linking inadequate intake of these omega-3 fats in pregnant women to premature birth and low birth weight, and to hyperactivity in children.
Sadly, though, eating fresh fish, whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised, is no longer recommended. Mercury levels in all fish have now hit dangerously high levels across the world, and the risk of this mercury to your health now outweighs the omega-3 benefits of fish. Routine consumption of fish oil, however, is highly encouraged as a key ingredient in improving your health. Fish oil contains the highest levels of the best omega-3 fats - those with the EPA and DHA fatty acids - and, as it is in pure form, does not pose the mercury risk of fresh fish.
Serving Size 1 Softgel
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg 2%
Fish Oil 1,000 mg (1 g)
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)
Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 300 mg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, d-Alpha Tocopherol. Contains fish (herring, anchovy, mackerel, sardine, salmon) ingredients.
FREE OF: yeast, wheat, milk or milk derivatives, lactose, sugar, preservatives, artificial color, artificial flavor, sodium (less than 5 mg per serving).
Guaranteed Purity. Molecularly Distilled to remove impurities (PCBs, PCDFs, PCDDs, Dioxins) and heavy metals (Mercury, Lead).
For adults, take one (1) softgel three times daily, preferably with a meal.